G.M.A.W. (Mig) Level 2
This program is designed to introduce skilled trades persons, technicians, supervisors, production personnel and others in the industry, to the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the G.M.A.W. ( Mig ) welding process. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the G.M.A.W. ( Mig ) process in various positions as well as a brief introduction to welding on different alloys. Trainees will learn to operate Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting equipment in a safe and efficient manner on various alloys.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- GMAW (MIG) Theory Fundamentals
- Welding Machine Fundamentals
- Shielding Gases
- Filler Wire/Electrode Selection
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- GMAW (MIG) Welding Techniques
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Five days (8:00 AM – 3:30 PM) 37.5hrs.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.