S.M.A.W. (Stick) B-Pressure Pipe Welding Certification
This program is designed for skilled trades persons in the industry who have their Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate and are looking to obtain their B Pressure Vessel Tickets. This course will teach trainees the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the S.M.A.W. (Stick) process on Pressure Vessels preparing them for TSSA/ABSA B certification to the ASME IX code. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the S.M.A.W. (Stick) process in all positions ( 2G & 5G) on pipe using E6010 for the root and E7018 cap. Trainees will learn Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting on mild steel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel and Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- Review of SMAW (Stick) Theory Fundamentals
- Welding Machine Fundamentals
- Electrode Selection
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- Requirements of current standards for High Pressure Welding.
- Practical techniques for preparing pipe for industry and testing.
- SMAW (Stick) Welding Techniques for Pressure Vessel Pipe Welding in All Positions. 2G & 5G on 6” Sch 80 Mild Steel Pipe.
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Five days (8:00 AM – 3:30 PM) 37.5hrs.
For more information on obtaining the Inter-provincial Red Seal Certification, please contact us at (866) 452-6024
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.