GMAW (MIG) Maintenance Welding – Night Course
This program is designed to introduce skilled trades persons, technicians, supervisors, production personnel and others in the industry, to the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the G.M.A.W. ( Mig ) welding process. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the G.M.A.W. ( Mig ) process in various positions as well as a brief introduction to welding on different alloys. Trainees will learn to operate Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting equipment in a safe and efficient manner on various alloys.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- GMAW (MIG) Theory Fundamentals
- Welding Machine Fundamentals
- Shielding Gases
- Filler Wire/Electrode Selection
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- GMAW (MIG) Welding Techniques
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Future Dates TBA
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.