G.T.A.W. (Tig) Level 1
This program is designed to introduce skilled trades persons, technicians, apprentices and others in the industry, to the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the G.T.A.W. (GTAW) process. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the G.T.A.W. (Tig) process in various positions and Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting mild steel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- GTAW (Tig) Theory Fundamentals
- Welding Machine Fundamental
- Filler Wire/Electrode Selection
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- GTAW (Tig) Welding Techniques in all positions.
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Five days (8:00 AM – 3:30 PM) 37.5hrs.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.