S.M.A.W. (Stick) Level 2
This program is designed for skilled trades persons, technicians, apprentices and others in the industry who have completed Level 1 or have on the job welding experience or previous welding tickets. This course will teach trainees the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the S.M.A.W. ( Stick ) process. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the S.M.A.W. (Stick) process in all positions and prepare them for certification. Trainees will learn Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting mild steel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- Review of SMAW (Stick) Theory Fundamentals
- Welding Machine Fundamentals
- Electrode Selection
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- SMAW (Stick) Welding Techniques for All Position Welding.
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Five days (8:00 AM – 3:30 PM) 37.5hrs.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.