S.M.A.W. (Stick) Pressure Vessel Pipe Welding Program
This program is designed for skilled trades persons, technicians, apprentices and others in the industry who have completed Level 1 or 2 or have on the job welding experience or previous welding tickets. This course will teach trainees the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the S.M.A.W. ( Stick ) process on Pressure Vessels preparing them for TSSA certification to the ASME IX code. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the S.M.A.W. (Stick) process in all positions (1G, 2G, 5G, 6G) on pipe using either E6010 root E7018 fill or E7018 root and fill. Trainees will learn Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting mild steel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- Review of SMAW (Stick) Theory Fundamentals – Welding Machine Fundamentals – Electrode Selection – Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- Requirements of current standards for High Pressure Welding.
- Practical techniques for preparing pipe for industry and testing.
- SMAW (Stick) Welding Techniques for Pressure Vessel Pipe Welding in All Positions. 1G, 2G, 5G, 6G on mild steel pipe 2” sch 80.
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.