G.T.A.W. (Tig) Advanced Stainless & Aluminum Alloys
This program is designed to introduce and upgrade skilled trades persons, technicians, supervisors, production personnel and others in the industry, to the proper techniques and theory based knowledge using the G.T.A.W. (Tig) welding process on Aluminum and Stainless. At the conclusion of this course trainees will demonstrate new and or improved skills using the G.T.A.W. (Tig) process in various positions on Aluminum and or Stainless.
Trainees will learn to operate Oxy-Fuel and or Plasma cutting equipment in a safe and efficient manner on various alloys.
- Health and Safety for arc welding & cutting.
- Proper Operating Procedures for Oxy-Fuel, Plasma, and or Carbon Arc Gouging and cutting equipment.
- GTAW (TIG) Theory Fundamentals on Aluminum and Stainless
- Welding Machine Fundamentals
- Shielding Gases (Purging)
- Filler Wire/Electrode Selection
- Material Perparation
- Weld Faults (Causes and Cures)
- GTAW (TIG) Welding Techniques on Aluminum and or Stainless
A theory and practical welding test is given, in which 70% is required to pass. Weldtech certificate awarded to successful trainees.
Five days (8:00 AM – 3:30 PM) 37.5hrs.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.